Friday 8 February 2013

Lady in Red - creating a digital page with a template in Photoshop

Look at this beauty! I am so thrilled with this digital scrapbook page I just whipped up last night. I stumbled across a beautiful site www.sweetshoppedesigns.com and they were so kindly offering a lot of free digital scrapbook kits and templates, this was a template created by Cindy Schneider.

Using a template was so simple all I really  needed to do was insert new layers of the papers or patterns I wanted to use and clip them to the template shape. To do this you ensure the paper or pattern you want to use is above the desired image and then do a clipping mask by pressing ctrl, alt and G. The paper is then clipped into the shape and you can move the paper around until you have the desired part of the pattern you wish to use... SO SIMPLE!!

I have now finally created a digital page using lots of layers and embellishments, that is connected and looking totally beautiful. This was such a sinch, I'll be using templates again for sure. I might even have a go at creating my own templates in photoshop.

The stunning papers used in this page are a selection from Sweet Shoppe also.

No comments:

Post a Comment